What Happened To Bambi
*** Warning This story IS graphic and was written when I was still very bitter.
- On July 24th 1998, a Friday evening, Bambi walked out of the house on her way to a fun evening with one of her best friends. Just a few minutes after she left the phone rang.... it was one of the neighbors, he told us that Bambi had just had a bad wreck and that her truck was on her.
Oh God No!! Please God just let her be ok, just let her be ok!!
- I hadn't even told her I Loved her before she left, as I usually did but she was in a hurry and I was busy cleaning the kitchen... We RAN out to the truck and headed to the scene, and then, there it was... her truck was upside down in a ditch.
Oh God, my baby is hurt!
- I jumped out of the truck before we even stopped and started running to her truck, someone grabbed me and said "calm down she's ok just let the paramedics get her cleaned up and you can go to her" I didn't care I wanted to go to her Right Then, she had to be scared and hurting, she'd need me and I needed her!
But Thank God she was ok, it was such a relief to know that she had survived!
- But why wouldn't they let me go to her?! Just about then another girl I know hugged me up and said "I'm so sorry that she didn't make it"
What!!!! they just told me she was ok.
I just started screaming
NO, Oh God no! Not my Bambi! Not my Bambi!
- I kept trying to get away from the people that were holding me, and more and more people kept blocking my way. I had to go to her no matter what. I had to hold her and tell her that I Loved Her! I just had to. Just then they pushed me into a car and drove me away, they took me to my mother's house. I had to tell my parents something I couldn't believe myself.
How the accident happened
- Bambi was driving East and met a truck. Her driver's side front clipped their driver's side rear and her truck went end over end and landed on it's hood and then rolled, several times. It wound up on it's top facing West. Some how Bambi was thrown out of the truck, though I don't see how, the cab was crushed practically flat. She was laying there beside the passenger side of her truck the whole time.
- There had been an ambulance parked there close to her truck so I had assumed that she was in it... but she wasn't. She was left laying there, face down in saw briars until the coroner could be found! I can't even tell you how this made me feel... to know they hadn't even tried! Even if they couldn't have saved her, they might could have saved her baby!! Bambi was right at 7 months along, she was exicited and a little scared but who isn't with their first child. She was going to name her baby Jordan Lynn. I didn't find this out until later, or I would have had that name put on her head stone too, instead of just Baby.
- Who knows maybe they could have and maybe they couldn't have, but they should have at least tried. The man at the funeral home told me himself that he was the one that had finally taken her out of the briars.
- My poor baby... just left laying there... if I had just known I would have gotten her out and tried to save her myself. When I was finally allowed to see her they had covered most of her head in bandages, she had recieved severe head tramau. The only small place on her face that was left uncovered was covered in holes where the thorns had pierced her little face. The marks were all over her little hands and arms as well.
Still though it can't be true, it just can't be, Please God not my Bambi!!!
- I kept trying to uncover her face and her Dad wouldn't let me, he told me " You don't need to see her like this", but finally he let me lift the bandage just enough, to see part of the injury. This may sound horrible of me but just then the strangest calm came over me... at LAST, I knew, that at least she hadn't been in pain. That had really been horrifying for me to think that her last moments were of pain and fear. It was a relief, in it's own strange way, to know that at least my poor baby hadn't suffered.
Here is a touching poem that I found.... I had to save it because try as I may I couldn't read it through for a very long time.
When Tomorrow Starts Witout Me
When tomorrow starts without me, and I'm not there to see,
if the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you would't cry the way you did today, while thinking
of the many things we didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me, as much as I love you, and each time you
think of me, I know you'll miss me too. but when tomorrow
starts without me, please try to understand, that an angel came and
called my name and took me by the hand.
And said my place was ready in heaven far above,
and that I'd have to leave behind
all those I dearly love.
But as I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye, for all my
life, I'd always thought I didn't want to die.
I had so much to live for and so much yet to do,
it seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays, the good ones and the bad, I thought
of all the love we shared and all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday, I thought, just for awhile,
I'd say goodbye and kiss you and maybe see you smile.
But then I fully realized that this could never be,
for emptiness and memories would take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things that I'd miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did, my heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gates, I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me, from his great and golden throne.
He said, "This is eternity and all I've promised you."
Today for life on earth is past but here it starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow, but today will always last,
and since each day's the same day, there's no longing for the past.
But you have been so faithful, so trusting, so true.
Though there were times you did some things you knew you shouldn't do.
But you have been forgiven and now at last you're free.
So won't you take my hand and share my life with me?
So when tomorrow starts without me, don't think we're far apart, for
everytime you think of me, I'm right here in your heart